A Cezve is a small long-handled pot with a pouring mouth that is specifically designed for making Turkish coffee. It is usually made of brass or copper, although it can also be made of silver or gold.
How to Make Turkish Coffee in a Cezve Pot:
- Pour 50 ml (1.7 Oz) of water into the cezve pot for each cup of coffee desired.
- To taste, add sugar and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon coffee per cup.
- Remove the cezve from the heat immediately after it reaches a first boil, discarding the collected froth, and thoroughly mixing.
- The coffee is cooked twice in succession, with care taken to remove the cezve from the heat between each boiling. The foam can be discarded or preserved if thoroughly mixed.
- Allow any leftover powder to settle before serving. After boiling twice, add a tablespoon of cold water to the pot to speed up the process.
It's important to serve Turkish Coffee, which you can get from the Online Market, as well as properly prepare it.
Our Turkish Cafe is home for Turkish coffee, Turkish Tea and delicious Turkish snacks. Visit Pristine Fine Foods in Etobicoke, to eat delicious Turkish street food and drink complimentary Turkish Coffee. Choose Turkishmart, for your Turkish Breakfast, Halal grocery, and Barbican drink
We would love to hear from you! Please comment below and get in touch with us :)