Hallomi cheese is a classic Cypriot cheese or generally called as Greek cheese is prepared from goat's and sheep's milk, or a combination of the two. It's popular as a grilling cheese since it holds its shape when heated and grills well.
How to eat Halloumi cheese:
- Grilled, pan-fried, or thinly sliced, eat it directly or as a substitute for mozzarella in a healthy salad.
- As a gluten-free option, substitute grilled pieces of Halloumi for bread in sandwiches
- While Halloumi can be eaten raw, it is better when warmed, grilled, or otherwise heated.
- Once cooked, the saltiness of the cheese fades to reveal a powerful, savory flavor with a slightly creamy texture.
- Check out this video: How to eat halloumi cheese
Halloumi cheese where to buy
Everything about Halloumi sounds delicious isn't? Get your cheese from our cheese shop right away and make delicious Turkish cuisine at home. Please click here to see the rest of our Turkish cheese collection.
Visit our Turkish store, Pristine Fine Foods in Etobicoke, to eat delicious Turkish street food and drink complimentary Turkish Coffee. You can save on foods flyers, get free grocery delivery, and forever 10% off on your halal grocery.
What is your favorite Turkish cheese? We'd be delighted to hear from you! Please leave a comment below and get it in touch with us:)